The Twenty Losses of Blindness.
1. Basic Losses to psychological Security.
- 1. Loss of Physical integrity
- 2. Loss of confidence in the remaining senses.
- 3. Loss of reality contact with environment
- 4. Loss of visual background
- 5. Loss of light security.
11. Losses in basic skills.
- 6. Loss of mobility
- 7. Loss of techniques of daily living.
111. Losses in communication.
- 8. Loss of ease of written communication.
- 9. Loss of ease of spoken communication.
- 10. Loss of informational progress.
1V. Losses of appreciation.
- 11. Loss of the visual perception of the pleasurable.
- 12. Loss of the visual perception of the beautiful
V. Losses concerning occupation and financial status.
- 13. Loss of recreation.
- 14. Loss of career, vocational goal, job opportunity.
- 15. Loss of financial security.
1V. Resulting losses of the whole personality.
- 16. Loss of personal independence.
- 17. Loss of social adequacy.
- 18. Loss of obscurity.
- 19. Loss of self-esteem.
- 20. Loss of total personality organizations.